Tonight, my Facebook status says, “I like where I am in life. I’m having a very good time being me! — 😀 feeling awesome.” It’s been a long time since I could make a statement like that. It has taken me a lot of hard work to get to this point, but now that I’m here, I am loving it!
I have finished an entire year of college, working on a degree that I should have gotten long ago. I have learned many lessons outside school, too, like:
• Value who you are and what you are capable of
• Be thankful for what you have
• Work for what you want, instead of whining about not having it
• Be who you like, and like who you are
• Avoid people who don’t let you be yourself and make time for people who do
• Be brave and take chances
• Let other people into your life
• Give others the opportunity to touch your heart
• Be willing to risk loving someone
Nothing amazing ever comes from being too careful. Amazing only comes from taking risks. I am ready to take those risks. I am ready for amazing.